The City of Concord strives to provide co-workers with a very competitive benefits package. Our co-workers are our greatest resource and we take pride in being able to offer comprehensive and affordable benefits for all of our co-workers and their families.
Coverage for all insurance benefits offered by the City begins on the first day of the month following thirty days of employment. Our coverage includes:
- PPO Medical Plan
- HRA Medical Plan
- Prescription Benefits
- Dental PPO Plan
- Vision Plan
- Critical Illness and Accident
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- North Carolina Pension
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
- Wellness Center - The City of Concord offers at no charge to employees with medical insurance on-site health and wellness services with enhanced services from prevention and intervention to management of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Two Fitness Centers (Brown Operations Center and the City Hall) - Employees can workout for free.